Friday 11 November 2022

Ebay - Is there a point for Australian sellers anymore?

 So bloody long time since I've written anything here, in fact so long I'm surprised BlogSpot still exists...

I have recently decided eBay is not longer for me as a seller.

The joke comes in the form of the postage, to compete with everyone else on there who sells the same thing as you you have to be competitive on postage in my case it was laser cutting signs and tags most of which fits inside a letter which costs about $1.70 to send anywhere within Australia eBay allows this as a postage method, as an added extra bit of theoretical protection I even put in the ad the I accept no responsibility for lost packages for those who choose to use the untracked letter based shipping

This is a choice the buyer makes they take the risk and go with the untracked postage when there is an option to use parcel post and shift the liability onto Australia post by virtue of a tracking number.

SO the customer orders the pet and you cut the details into it and send it off, simple enough you would think but no, in my experience and I'm not entirely convinced its totally Australia post there is higher than one would expect rate of letters that go missing in the post, and inevitably at some point the buyer hits that refund button, which starts a process of eBay asked for a tracking number, despite of course that the postage option chosen by the BUYER isn't included which quickly results in the seller assuming the cost of a refund of not only the item but the postage. there is no winning with eBay and never will be for small items china can have that by the looks of it



No comments:

Post a Comment